Dollar Curtains & Blinds Pty Ltd ACN 068 338 787 and its related entities (we, us, our) is collecting your personal information to assess your application and suitability for employment with us and, if you accept a position with us, to administer and manage your ongoing employment.
In addition to the information you provide to us directly (including via any application and pre-employment forms), we may also collect information about you from third parties, such as referees (e.g. previous employers), from government agencies and background screening providers (e.g. criminal and credit history checks) and academic and professional bodies (e.g. to validate details and currency of qualifications).
If you are successful and join us as an employee, we may:
- collect further details regarding any health issues or requirements relevant to your role (e.g. pre-existing injuries, allergies, disabilities), so that we (and our franchisees) can comply with OH&S laws, accommodate any specific health requirements and provide a safe working environment for you;
- collect your banking and superannuation fund details;
- ask you to provide us with your tax file number (TFN). If you choose to provide it, we will collect and use it in accordance with our authorised functions as your employer under the Taxation Administration Act 1953 (Cth) and other applicable laws (including taxation and superannuation laws). It is not an offence if you choose not to provide your TFN. However, providing your TFN reduces the risk of administrative errors and having extra tax withheld. We are required to withhold the top rate of tax from all payments made to you if you do not provide your TFN or claim an exemption from quoting your TFN;
- collect feedback about your performance, including from supervisors and customers;
- collect camera/video footage of you while on our premises (via CCTV) and record conversations via call recording technologies we implement in our business (for staff training, quality assurance and record-keeping purposes);
- collect logs of your usage of our equipment (e.g. phones, computers and vehicles) and access to our premises and systems, including monitoring internet and network use and the location of our vehicles and equipment via GPS; and
- collect biometric information about you (e.g. fingerprint) if and to the extent required for time sheet and attendance monitoring technologies.
If you do not provide any of the information requested, we may not be able to properly consider your application or make an offer for employment.
To assess and progress your application and administer your ongoing employment, we may disclose the personal information we collect to:
- our related entities and franchisees who we authorise to operate a ‘dollar curtains + blinds’ franchise;
- your emergency contacts, referees and agents;
- third parties that provide us with employment related services (such as providers of background screening services);
- third parties who provide us with administrative, IT and other support services (including data hosting);
- our professional advisors;
- government and law enforcement agencies; and
- other recipients if required or permitted to do so by law.
Some of the service providers and suppliers we utilise are located outside of Australia (including in China), and so your personal information may be disclosed to recipients outside Australia.
We can be contacted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org, by mail to Building 8, 97-107 Canterbury Rd, Kilsyth VIC 3137 or via phone on 03 9237 1200.