dollar curtains + blinds is pleased to back their products with the below warranties as provided by Dollar Curtains + Blinds Pty Ltd (ABN 98 068 338 787).
Our products and services come with guarantees that cannot be excluded under Australian Consumer law.
For major failures with the service, you are entitled:
- to cancel your service contract with us; and
- to a refund for the unused portion, or to compensation for its reduced value.
If dollar curtains+ blinds deem the product(s) requires replacement, then you are also entitled to choose a refund or replacement for major failures with the products. If a failure with the products or a service does not amount to a major failure, you are entitled to have the failure rectified in a reasonable time. If this is not done, you are entitled to a refund for the products and to cancel the contract for the service and obtain a refund of any unused portion.
dollar curtains + blinds products come with a minimum three-year manufacturing and installation warranty from the date of installation. This applies to the original purchaser and where the products have not been removed from the window, with proof of purchase.
We will either repair our products or replace our products with new products, at our option, if the defect is deemed by dollar curtains + blinds as a manufacturing or installation fault. The warranty does not cover (and we will not replace or repair products from);
- Normal wear and tear.
- Abuse, neglect, misuse, accident and alterations.
- Failure to follow instructions with respect to measurement, installation, cleaning or maintenance.
- Damage to fabric due to scrubbing or use of soap powder or detergents not approved by dollar curtains + blinds, fungal growth due to the build-up of surface dirt, grime, leaves or bird matter or accumulations of water lying on the fabric.
- Exposure to the elements including but not limited to normal shrinkage of fabrics, discolouration over time, warping in timber products and other changes which occur normally with the passage of time.
- Exposure to high humidity (resulting in mould and mildew or warping).
- Characteristics and changes present in natural fibre fabrics such as linen or cotton (resulting in fading, shrinkage and creasing).
- Natural variations in grain, colour and texture for natural fibre fabrics (such as linen, cotton), Timber Venetian Blinds, Plantation Shutters and other timber products.
- Any damage caused by wind, hail, lighting, rain, or other acts of God (Awnings: Do not leave Awning out in fresh winds and/or rain as it may damage your Awning)
- Installations subject to salt spray, marine influences, industrial or corrosive environments or internal situations subject to moisture-laden air.
- Any electrical work, or associated costs, this is the sole responsibility of the purchaser. Batteries are not covered under this warranty.
- Damaged or not working for a period longer than 3 months.
- Modifications made by any person other than a representative of dollar curtains + blinds or caused by use or installation that is not in compliance with dollar curtains + blinds installation instructions, or otherwise provided by dollar curtains + blinds.
This warranty does not cover the costs of removal of the warranted goods or installation of the repaired or replaced goods. However, we will meet those costs if the goods breach any of the guarantees applicable under the Australian Consumer Law referred to above and nothing in this document restricts, excludes or modifies those guarantees or any other rights you may have under the Australian Consumer Law.
dollar curtains + blinds shall not warrant any incorrect choices or change of mind made by the purchaser. If products are manufactured according to measurements provided by the purchaser, we cannot accept the return of products by reason of the measurements provided being inaccurate. However, we will of course work with you to find the best solution whether it be to alter or replace the product.
To make a Warranty claim please contact your nearest dollar curtains + blinds store. Please ensure you are the original purchaser, you can provide proof of purchase, and the products were installed by dollar curtains + blinds.
If you have any questions, we’re here to help. Please don’t hesitate to contact us.